View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

It’d be nice if replies to a thread with last post over 5 years old (or some designated timeframe) received a pop up warning (perhaps the Newbie warning #3). If not already a feature option (I assume it’s not), then perhaps a recommendation to the software manufacturer, even offering to test develop with their programmers for the benefit of all their customers.

Fun thoughts since the subject post was (in jest) about site funding:

Have the pop up warning say if you reply to this old post you’ll be charged a quarter (the good olde online quarter jar!). Just don’t go retro, I couldn’t afford it!

Also, it appears there’s gold in them there classics, for personal entertainment! I’ve searched and read many and undoubtedly have missed many more, a shame. A page called ‘Club Cobra Classics’ where the best of the best historical entertainment posts are listed.

Not to be lost to history, all pre-vetted as the very best, all identified for the user, a tremendous value provided, for a small cost! Jamo rants a quarter, the Real One posts a quarter (the whole shootin’ match a buck), prolific user kick outs a quarter, the Hitler parody video, well, priceless!

Remember, just don’t reply to them as that will cost you a quarter, or in the case of the Classics, maybe ten bucks, as you can’t improve upon a classic, not the real ones.

(ok, ok, the challenges, you’d then have to have warnings/limits whenever someone comes across and wants to view a classic on there own, or crossed titles like cross referencing part numbers so not easily identified/searched from the Classics page, then the site’s no longer free for everything, etc., etc., again just some fun thoughts that's all! ☺☺)

Brent