View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
The old 1:1 5th gear Richmond was rated at 450 ft. lbs. of torque, IIRC. That's the one I have. The new / current version with overdrive has a much higher torque rating, however.

Per Richmond: "The SUPER STREET is fully rated at 600 ft. lbs. of torque"

https://www.richmondgear.com/wp-cont...hmond/RG22.pdf
And if you look at the transmission internals they are very nicely done with fully machined countershafts and corresponding splined gears along with an attractive selection of gears to choose from so you can get multiple gear selections to choose from to suit your personal tastes.

Richmond used to put the center to center distance on their engineering drawings they published on their site but I could not find it on the current drawings. Using the information from the drawings they do publish it can be calculated and it appears to be a 91mm center to center distance compared to the TKO's generous but smaller 83mm center to center distance for the main and countershafts. Very nice transmission and very nice Long shifter.

FWIW, the tail shaft mount location iis different than a TKO. According to mfg published specs, the TKO tail shaft mount is 15.49" from the bell housing face and the Richmond is 18" from the bell housing face so there may be a little massaging required one to the other.

The other slight difference is the bell housing face to end of tail shaft. The TKO measures 23.8 inches and the Richmond comes in at 24.0 inches — likely no driveshaft mods required. Net net bottom line a nice alternative to a TKO.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 12-06-2020 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling & Grammar