View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, darn ...

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have a hydraulic press ...I suppose i could try to conjure something to do the press on the fingers and try to measure the amount press down to get 0.030” release. It must be several hundred lbs of pressure to do so. There’s a local transmission shop, maybe they’d do measurement.

It’s a new Ford clutch 10 1/2” , I just didn’t expect this variation. The old clutch disc is an 11” made in China combination... so I’m moving from non-OEM to OEM...

I may have to wait until spring to get the tranny and clutch out... I’m dreading removing the tranny as I had a very, very difficult time getting it to mate to the scattershield and clutch disc. Took 4 weekends even with a tranny jack ...I could easily mate the tranny to motor when the motor was out the car, but I was not able to put the motor and tranny in as a combination... So I had to put the motor in, then install the tranny. Nightmare compounded with inexperience and a good dose of incompetence mixed with the ‘magic’ of a kit car...

Thank again.