View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX7000
Not Ranked     
Default CSX7070 Rear Suspension Rebuild

Hello All! I am getting ready to remove the rear suspension from CSX7070 to inspect and try to diagnose a clunking sound from the rear when making a left turn.

I suspect the rear leaf spring has come loose (like the front did) and the 4 bolts need to be replaced. I suspect the half shaft is hitting the opening on the rear frame.

I saw a trick from the 60's putting key stock on the side of the spring on the top of the perch, then tack welding the key stock to the perch to keep the spring from moving on the center pin.

I will be posting progress photos and if anyone else with a CSX7000 or 8000 series car with leaf springs has had this same issue - it would be great to hear from you.

I FIRST made custom posts for my lift to stabilize the car when on the lift. this was completed this weekend and they work great! My lift is custom made to be able to reach the 3" tubes. Standard lifts do not work or reach.
Even now...the arms are at almost full extension and it seemed a little unstable due to the flat lift pad on a round tube.

Safety first before banging around to remove the entire rear suspension. I also may have a leaky fuel cell....I will be checking if it is or if it was just over filled at our last cruise.