View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

You are welcome.

I doubt that many as Continental Cars kept using the “SHELBY AC COBRA” S1CS-A part later than Shelby American did. I am not sure when AC Cars changed as they completed a few cars along into the CSX21xx contract.
CSX2050 and CSX2052 had (still do) S1CS-A mascot emblems for example.

CSX2032, completed in California, is believed (not proven) to be the first Cobra by chassis number to use the S1CS-B family part.
CSX2051 and CSX2055 received the first version (smooth finish / slightly rounded border edge).
CSX2075 received the third version (smooth finish / sharp border edge).

In my research I came across two different Cobra owners that each ordered new emblems for their cars during 1968. (Originals have a terrible corrosion problem.) In both cases the Shelby American parts department sent them one each satin chrome plated 2nd version and one each smooth chrome plated 3rd version. Neither of the car owners installed the mixed appearance parts on their cars. Both people kept the new old stock parts for decades. I bought both pairs. One pair was still in the packages they were stored in at Shelby American and shipped to the buyer in.

Ford Motor Company had Dearborn Steel Tubing Company collect and package the accessory “COBRA Kits”. Ford distributed kits through its dealers, Ak Miller, and Shelby American. The Cobra induction kits included a pair of mascot emblems that buyers could install on their cars anywhere they wanted. Over time the S1CS-B, S1CS-C, and C3RA emblems were all included in pairs in “Cobra induction kits”. Most of the new old stock emblems, especially in the packages, I come across were ones distributed in induction kits and never installed in period.

Last edited by Dan Case; 12-14-2020 at 12:17 PM.. Reason: add detail