View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I should clarify what I said. There is not a problem with linkage that both ends connect on the engine assembly and nothing is connected off of the engine. The problem is when the linkage is connected to the body and to the engine. If the motor mount breaks and the engine lifts up, then the linkage becomes too short and pulls the throttle open. Once it pulls the throttle open, the engine will not set back down onto the mounts. Now you have kill the engine by turning the key off or shove the clutch in an let it free rev until the engine drops back onto the mounts and closes the throttle.

My mother was driving a 64 Plymouth with a linkage set up. She was hit head on by a person who came left of center. The impact broke the motor mounts. She was knocked out for a few seconds. When she came too, the engine was screaming, the back tires smoking, and was pushing the other car back down the road. She had to turn the key off to stop it. The studded snow tires had dug up asphalt for about 50 feet.