View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus M View Post
Looking for feedback on Blueprint's dependability as a motor, leaks, performance, etc as a weekend driver for a Superformance?

Any and all input appreciated.

Thanks
I have heard of this shop on this forum several times. To my memory it has always been a new guy asking. I don't think many folks here have used them.

You never said what engine family you are wanting to get.

I looked at the site. The prices seemed low. Then I realized they were listing the price of their lowest power option with their highest Hp engine. Up to X horse power starting at $Y.

I looked at a 347 stroker Part #: BP3472CTCS. 330 HP / 380 FT LBS
- It has Ford cast iron heads they claim to have modified. Note not ported.
- Cylinders are honed to 0.0002" round, but no mention of torque plates.
- It is bored 0.040" over. Nothing left for another rebuild.
- They claim a blueprint cast steel crank. I doubt they cast cranks, so why not tell the manufacturer. Likely what ever manufacturer is offering a buck less that week.
- Forged rods and piston, but again no manufacture listed.
- No mention of rocker arms. I bet factory rockers.
- The killer for me is a flat tappet cam. Ford switched to hydraulic rollers close to 40 years ago. The mild cam specks are going to perform even worse as a flat tappet

No wonder the prices looked a tad low. They are selling a remanufactured junkyard engine with a couple cheap performance parts. Given what they are putting in this engine the Hp is questionable in my mind.

Last point; they build Ford, GM, and Mopar. A jack of all trades is often a master of none. Talk to Brent BLYKINS. He was the 2nd post in this thread