View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default Carburetor trouble need help

I have noticed over the last several drives my car has been twitchy at acceleration. Not smooth on take offs. Not sputtering or hesitating or anything like that, but a little jerky. So I checked to see if the cable was sticking, r&r the pedal assembly and lubed with grease. I found no issues. Yesterday I took the Cobra out after it had been sitting for a few weeks. Before I left I had it idling in the driveway and found after a few minutes of warming up there was a rough spot when I would manually blip the throttle by hand. It's almost sticking like its binding until it breaks loose then its fine. So a quick fix I sprayed some WD at the pivot points inside and outside on the primary throttle plate shaft. Oh it smooths out nice. So I go for my drive and everything is great, but then it starts to really hang up. I have to tickle the pedal with my foot to get it to open and once it breaks free everything seems normal. Talk about jerky... This is an intermittent problem as this didn't happen every time but once is too much. Is it possible there is a bushing that wears out where the shaft goes through?? Now the engine is cool there is no sign of this. AED HO 750 which uses the Holly body 4150. Over 10 years old.

Thanks for any help.
John