View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427, 351W w/ Toploader 4 sp
Not Ranked     

Flyboy,
Thanks! It has been fun so far. I have owned and restored numerous classics over the years, but I cannot remember being more excited about one more than this. I have always wanted a Cobra, and now I am like a kid in a candy store. I have been studying the build sheets and going through the various systems. Thankfully the weather here has not been that great, and I have not been tempted to cut any corners to get in on the road. I bought the car not running or driving, so I can't wait to try it out. I figure I have about 4-6 hours of work left before a test drive.

The color is a true Candy apple sprayed over a gold base coat. It was painted in 1993, but still looks new. It is not a classic Cobra color, but in person the paint is quite amazing in quality. Whenever people stop by the garage to visit, that's that one comment I hear the most... "Look at that paint!" After all of these years, it still looks like it is several feet deep and wet to the touch. I ended up finding a receipt in the stack for the paint. The original owner paid over $9,000 to have the car painted, back in 1993. Better his money than mine! Lol.