View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:45 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Club Cobra. Excellent first thread and articulating what you are looking for in a Cobra, along with a nice job of searching for past threads on the subject of tall drivers.

Sounds like you are leaning towards Unique, they have been in business for a long time and have a great reputation. If they can make a 289 FIA for Bob Evans @ 7’ - 2”, looks like they can easily do the same for you.

ERA did a wonderful job for me with my FIA and along with the raised dash, slightly taller roll bar and pedals as far forward as possible ... I also went with a smaller steering wheel and special memory foam for the leather 427 street seat. I sit lower in the car and the seat is very comfortable.

If you do decide on the FIA, one feature I like is the forward support brace for the roll bar, it makes getting in an out of the car a lot easier for me.

I think you have found your builder, the real choice now is 289 or 427, then after that, what motor … then after that, what color to paint it !!?! The list goes on & on and that is part of the fun.

Some things to consider:

- 1 - Build the car of your dreams, not someone else’s.

- 2 - Build the best car you can afford to finish.

- 3 - When you talk with people, ask them what the like about their cars and what they would change if they could build it again.

Most of all, enjoy the process and once again, welcome.

- Tim