View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance. 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrost View Post
I repaired road rash to the original installed windshield using Safelite for years ….. Ray is a true professional craftsman. Then I caught a piece of road debris one afternoon and it total destroyed the frame and original windshield. The factory replacement frame/windshield installation was done by a team not burdened with the knowledge/skillset of cobras. Long story short the replacement windshield was likely installed in a bind/tweaked. The glass cracked in multiple areas after the first rock strike.

Interesting enough I also choose the Cobra Valley option this time around. A few thousand miles and smiles later.... well I still need a state inspection sticker but I can’t tell it’s not real glass by looking at it. I will ask the inspector to stick the state inspection sticker to a piece of cell phone screen protector glass and stick that to the windshield. Sticking the inspection directly on the windshield would be fine until someone uses a razorblade to scrape it off when its time to replace the inspection sticker.
You won’t have to worry about scraping the SI sticker. They don’t really adhere to the poly shield. They will stay but you can take them off with a thumbnail. Shields Supershield is the manufacturer and they are nice!