View Single Post
Old 01-15-2021, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Dan, I re-inspected the brake pads and also inspected the rotors carefully. I also spun the rear wheels a lot and found no sign of dragging or anything wrong. There is still enough pad left to not worry about damaging the rotors, but they definitely need to be replaced soon. Also, the rotors are in perfect condition, so I'll just replace the pads this time around. I decided to go ahead and winterize the car and put it in the car bag. I'll address the brakes next season when the weather is warmer. When I replace the pads, I'll also inspect and tweak the bias bar and test to make sure the fronts are locking first. As Bob said above, this is highly unusual, so I'll keep a close watch on this after replacing and making any adjustments. As I said in my original post, I tested the brakes as instructed in the manual when the car was new (16,500 miles ago) and the fronts locked first. It never occurred to me to test them periodically and I've not had to lock up the brakes until I tested them again recently after finally noticing the wear.

Kevin