View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

The modernizing touches don't do anything for me now, at all- but 20 years ago I would have loved them (swap the wheels with Kinesis and steering wheel for Momo).

The coyote motor won't provide the visceral back-in-time retro feel most love- like my 427r with carburetor (new carb by RT drives incredibly well), but it will move the car nicely with ZERO fuss. If you don't want to wrench on the thing and want power and driveability like a modern car, you'll like the coyote.

When I had a factory five, the things I wanted were IRS (FF came with a 3 link), and manual steering (my FF had hydroboost brakes and PS).
On a tight autocross type track, you will miss your power steering, otherwise I'd much rather have the manual rack- less crap to break.

Backdraft and superformance brakes seem quite good- my FF was way over-braked up front and would lock up like crazy.

I also prefer 15" wheels now for the look despite the lack of tire choices- but I did pick up a set of 17s for track. So much more / better rubber available.