View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 03:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Folks are still waiting for the "factory ORIGINAL, True - NOT reproduction, NOT Chinese made, not plated.. REAL deal bumperettes" that incidentally were never made by Ford.

I'm bringing this up not to be a jerk, but because this industry has been plagued by cheap, fast talking scammers who seek to capitalize on honest, trusting people who have generally waited and saved for a long time to realize a long time automotive dream. You may well be legit and well-intentioned, but this bulls--t about authentic Ford parts that never existed simply stinks.

Now you're coming on here trying to round up Everett Morrison owners for a Facebook group. E-M has some devoted aficionados because they offered a variety of suspension options based around a beautiful chassis design. Later on, they had a few issues that left a bad taste in some customers' mouths but they still maintained an enduring reputation as a solid, well built replica. If you are serious about reviving the venerable E-M brand and fostering an enduring relationship with existing owners and the wider Cobra community, please cut the bull and hype and realize that you are mostly dealing with seasoned enthusiasts who know a lot about the Cobra and the replica industry it spawned. Those who don't, have access to forums like this one with a wealth of information on not just the Cobra, but the entire replica industry and all of the pitfalls and scams it has endured over the decades.

Again, if you are indeed legit, please do not come across as just another shifty, fast talking, fly by night operator looking to screw honest people out of their hard earned dreams. As an industry, we have had more than enough of that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-17-2021 at 03:38 PM..