View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

The polished overriders do look nice and I hope they sell. I'm still dubious about them having any special value as it's doubtful (though not impossible) that the original Cobra parts were ever made by Ford. If they were, then extra effort would need to be made to exactly replicate the welded parts on the back side and maybe then they could have some value as replacement/restoration parts on CSX cars.
Ford never built the Cobras at any time in their history. Between 1986 and 1996(?) Ford and AutoKraft jointly owned AC Cars and produced the AC Mk IV but even then, the manufacturing was still done by AC. Having bumper parts reproduced using purchased Ford dies may however appeal to die-hard Ford fans, but it must be recognized that the original Cobras used parts sourced from all manner of companies, including (on the leaf spring cars) MGB steering racks and a Volkswagen Beetle steering column

Sorry if I seem like I'm giving you a hard time. The Cobra replica community is a bit on guard after being burned multiple times by shady operators. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of the distinctive EM body shape, but I do like the chassis and the multiple suspension options that the company offered. EM was on my shortlist along with Unique Motorcars way, way back when I first started shopping for a Cobra of my own.

I sincerely wish you and the company luck in reviving and sustaining the brand.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...