View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley w/BluePrint 408
Not Ranked     

Just an update on where I am at.

Took the car in for its brake and light inspection. Lights passed but during the braking distance inspection the technician felt a click and grind in the brake pedal during hard braking. Long story short, the pushrod from the pedal into the master cylinder bore had become canted and caused a groove in the bore which resulted in slight leakage into the cockpit. I probably did that when I replaced the master cylinder during construction. Needless to say I’m having them put in a new MC and tighten everything down so it will pass. Should be ready tomorrow to pick up.

Went to DMV to turn in my CHP paperwork and get my SPCN number.

Nice lady for once. She admitted she hadn’t done one of these registrations in 15 or so years. I found it entertaining (and so did she) that I had to walk her thru the process of calling Sacramento to get my sequence number. As a reward I guess, she went back over my fees and noticed I had overpaid by $1080.00. She said the guy who originally did the paperwork used all the wrong dates for completion. She corrected all the paperwork, got the manager to sign off on my refund (which I get back upon final registration) and gave me sequence number, which I’m happy to say was #2021017 out of 2021500.

Now onto the smog referee next week and hopefully a SB100 sticker.

John