View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

So it looks like you've found out that there is very little in common from one kit car to the next. While they look similar, they actually exit differently. There are several kits out there to make your own, flanges for the engine side are a dime a dozen. The side pipe side not so much. Stainless headers has some , i can't get there from work computer. If I remember they have some merge collectors. But they do have the you design, they build, good quality and much cheaper than a lousy "shop built" set. Racemufflers.com had flanges and gaskets. The more I investigated for mine, the more these two options were the best. There is a third overlooked option. As you've been to FFR, did you check out their header options? Specifically the "j pipe" configuration. Using that method you could you almost any shorty header of your choice, then using that method and a merge collector/flange to your pipes. In that configuration you would just need to "fab" the "j pipe". some of the FFR guys have broke theirs within 1000 miles due to the weight of the pipes. Basically creating pressure from being a giant fulcrum point. I doubt that would occur on a CR because of how the pipes are mounted. Most of them i've seen, they do not hard mount them, rather just a rear rubber mount (think modern muffler mount) allowing for too much movement. It is a trade off, stiffer poly engine mounts will transmit more vibration to the chassis, where stock allow more motor movement which will add stress on the system. I have been really leaning towards the "j pipe" configuration for my coyote, as even the stock manifolds i have flow quite a lot, and most headers for a coyote run close to $800 or more.

Last edited by 74proii; 01-22-2021 at 12:47 PM..