View Single Post
  #85 (permalink)  
Old 01-25-2021, 10:13 PM
BlueTyler BlueTyler is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Join Date: Jan 2021
Cobra Make, Engine:
Posts: 4
Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by SSSammy View Post
Local guy here ... and the OP. No, if you want a TX title for a new ASVE you have to have the car physically inspected in TX by the ASE Certified Master Technician called for on the VTR-852 form (plus all the other forms and exhibits discussed further back in this thread).

Or if you were bringing in a Cali titled pre-owned car, it would still need a regular TX state inspection if something other than an ASVE.

I donít see anywhere on VTR 852 that says it needs to be a Texas based ASE Certified Master Tech A1 - A8, just an ASE Certified Master Tech with A1 - A8. The other forms listed donít specifically say they need to be completed in Texas either. I know this is a weird circumstance, and correct me if Iím missing this in my reading of the forms.
Reply With Quote