Thread: 427R Owners
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 03:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Car #1209 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Carb

My car was built in 2014 and has low mileage....3k. The original carb that came with it was an 870 Holley, dual feed, vacuum secondaries with an electric choke. Choke got taken off. I thought it was the wrong carb because they now send the R out with 770's. I reached out to Roush and they confirmed that the 870 was original to my engine. I since replaced the carb with a newer model that is polished with half blue. I stayed with the 870. I wish I had went with a double pumper but I replaced the vacuum secondary unit with an adjustable one by Quick Fuel and that works out very well. I didn't want fuel injection. See the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus M View Post
Good Post! This is why I would want to hear from as many of the actual owners to get their personal take on the street drivability of the R.

I am use to driving race cars with my weekend warrior ride being a Dodge Viper Competition Coupe. My other to go is a Gen V Viper running 645 hp. 600 torque. If the R is aggressive as a street driver, that's not an issue. We'll just feather the throttle to meet the required RPM's. I'm hoping to get feedback that the R will respond to that kind of feathering. From your previous response, sounds like it will, above 1,800 RPM.s. That was very helpful! What carb are you using on your R?

Last edited by FredG; 01-27-2021 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: text