View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklotus View Post
Hagerty does not like to insure replica Cobras. I had my CSX continuation Cobra insured for several years with them but when I got a Kirkham they said their policies changed and the rate jumped. I went with Heacock for a much more reasonable rate. Hagerty does have a great reputation for paying claims, Grundy not so much.
I bought my CSX at Barrett Jackson in 2009 and the cashiering area had booths from all the insurance companies and shippers. They had dropped a flyer from the (then) new Barrett Jackson insurance (which was a re-wrapped AIG Private Client Group) so got a quote from them and then went to the Haggerty booth. They said at that time they were not taking any new Cobra policies. The reason they gave was that they had had some huge loss payouts (fatalaties) and their underwriters weren't allowing them... The BJ/AIG rate was ridiculously low since I had other cars. (I guess they figure you can't drive all of them at once.) When I got my GT i stayed with AIG but when we moved to NV the American Modern rate was less so I switched.

The company that writes the policies (Bridgepoint) now second sources American Modern. They also have daily driver and homeowners through Auto Owners that had the best rates we ever had anywhere but they don't sell in every state.