View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightingrod View Post
Well if you guys are trying to me me feel better it almost worked! We only have about 2" on the ground and it's 8*F right now!

And Cycleguy55 I don't know if my old pickup will even get out of the driveway today, much less do doughnuts! 454 SS with a 502 HO and it's still got the 325/50/15 M/T drag radials on it! For sure not winter tires!
When I went to high school many, many years ago, one of my fellow students had a '65 or '66 Mustang that he occasionally drove to school. The car had a SBF, tube front axle, flip front end and drag slicks. Well, one day we had an unexpected snowfall during the day and he didn't have enough traction to get over the speed bumps in the parking lot. Fun times.

I also recall the 1979 Mustang and Capris with the Michelin TRX tire option. A relative of mine was in sales at the dealership, and there was a call for help when a TRX-shod Capri couldn't get over the small bump to get into the service bays because there was a tiny bit of snow on the ground. Don't ask me how the guy drove it there. I hope it was there for the installation of winter tires.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 02-16-2021 at 09:40 AM..