View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, Shelby aluminum 496 ci FE
Not Ranked     
Default A couple questions about my CSX4000

Hi all, I was able to purchase a 4000 series with a few problems and I have some questions I hope you can help with.
I recently pulled the engine to be repaired and discovered that the fuel line had been burned/rusted in two. It appears to be a stratoflex design line with braided cloth exterior and steel braid on the inside. It apparently was routed too close to the primary header pipes and became brittle, actually breaking off in my hand when I moved it. It uses two lines from the tank to the mechanical pump so I assume it also has an electric pump in the tank and one is a return line.
Would this be original to the car? I would think SA would use something safer for the fuel lines. I plan to replace them but I would like to know if this type fuel line is correct?
Next, the oil cooler looks like it's never been plumbed or hooked up. My engine has a remote oil filter so I'm looking for a schematic to show how the hoses are routed so I can use the oil cooler.
The windshield is cracked and I need to replace it. Are all cobra windshields the same? Just wondering where would be my best source to get a replacement.
Thanks in advance.
ERA #115 - sold
ERA #002 - sold
67 Fairlane
'68 mustang
'95 SVT Cobra