View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ford View Post
Next, the oil cooler looks like it's never been plumbed or hooked up. My engine has a remote oil filter so I'm looking for a schematic to show how the hoses are routed so I can use the oil cooler.
As noted by twobjshelbys, you probably don't need the oil cooler unless you track the car. If you decide to use it then put in an oil thermostat so the oil can reach proper operating temperature before being routed to the cooler. Do you have an oil temperature gauge? If not, you may want to install one and monitor it before hooking up the cooler.

Note: Oil thermostats will allow some flow (around 10%) in order to be able to sense temperature. In cold weather this may be enough to prevent oil from reaching proper operating temperature - which may require you to cover the cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ford View Post
The windshield is cracked and I need to replace it. Are all cobra windshields the same? Just wondering where would be my best source to get a replacement.
There s/b a label or codes printed on the bottom corner of the windshield. On mine it's on the passenger side. That label will indicate the manufacturer's name and windshield code. Take that to any competent windshield shop, or provide it to any supplier and they can cross-reference it to other manufacturers / model numbers.

This is what mine says:
VIRACON
LAMINATED
AS1 M-60 DOT 129

Viracon: This mark identifies the manufacturer, by their name and/or logo (“the manufacturer’s distinctive designation or trademark”).

LAMINATED: Laminated safety glass

AS1: Not ASI. The AS number stands for American Standard, and is “AS” (or “American Standard”) followed by a number indicating the position in which the glass may be used, based on its optical quality. AS1 is the clearest glass (at least 70% light transmission), is laminated, and can be used anywhere in a motor vehicle (typically just the windshield). I've also seen that AS1 indicates impact resistance.

M-60: "The M number is unique to the manufacturer, so an M number of M-60 by Viracon could well be different than glass labeled as M-60 by another manufacturer. It identifies the glass construction, including the color and thickness."

DOT 129: The DOT code (DOT number) is the letters “DOT” followed by a number that the Department of Transportation (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) assigns to the manufacturer of the glass. This is required by FMVSS205 section S6.2. If you have a DOT code, here's a page that lists all known DOT codes." DOT number search: https://www.glassbytes.com/dot/index.php