View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 10:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_ford View Post
The engine in the car was the "born with" engine and the shelby alloy block was chosen specifically for the CSX part number which is a partial VIN match to the car. If it's possible to repair it, I want to. If it's so far damaged that it's unfeasable to repair and make it reliable I'll put a new short block in it. Barry R will let me know once he has it apart.
That's pretty cool !! Do you think the rod over heated ? Or was it just a weak link ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
Do you mean that there is actually a "window" in the side of the block, created by a broken rod?
If so, surely that block is a write-off? Common sense (and cost) would suggest a new block would be the best option.

Glen
Yes, I think as long as there is no significant damage to main webbing, other vital parts of block, it can be fixed. It's the way to go.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."