View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 12:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagowil View Post
I did look at that, but with using the Mustang 8.8 axle with its swing arms, it expands the problem into new geometry for the arm mounts.

The easiest solution is to get two Trigo 427 Cobra 5-Lug Wheels in the 7.5" width to match the front and sell my two Cobra2 9.5" X 15" rear wheels. The 7.5" width does not allow as much rubber but its backspacing and adapter does make it move out a bit ore to the outside edge of the fender then the original steel wheel the car came with.

One I used my lead hammer on the knock-off- the wheel sets right into place. But the 9.5" width with the 1/2" adapter and the backset of the Cobra2 wheel pushes the edge of the wheel out beyond the fender edge by 1.5".

I did look at the Rocket Wheels Sunburst Wheels. They are a bolt on with the look of the original Sunburst style. Love the look but more costly.

I have some time to choose the "next step" for the wheels. I have decided not to add the flair- just don't like the look of it. Just needed to make sure before it goes off to the paint shop soon!

Thom
If I was ordering a couple of new wheels I'd get wider wheels with the correct offset / backspacing. Vintage Wheels does custom backspacing, though options may be limited (per their website). https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.ph...index&cPath=18

Last edited by cycleguy55; 02-26-2021 at 12:30 PM..