View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

did you get the correct Upper control arms? What did you go with?
What lower control arms did you use?
What did you do about the QA1's? Did you use a longer shock/strut, use and extension,, did you cut/shorten/re-weld the upper shock mount on the car?
How has the geometry worked out?
Would any mustang ii spindle work?
I'm going to be assembling a CR and I'm going to need to figure out what parts I'm going to need to buy. there isn't any UCA included in the kit. I guess my options are to:

A) go coil over, get a set of UCA and LCA and eliminate the strut rod (I'm used to mopar, not sure if I'm using the correct termanology). My understanding from reading here is that factory or OEM Mustang ii front components are wider than the aftermarket, so I'm thinking the geometry of a factory lower wouldn't work with an aftermarket wouldn't work.
B) find an upper that would work with a factory lower (and clear the mounts), and use a factory strut. Not sure about parts though.

What are you doing about sway/stabilizer bar? The one I have with the kit is probably to big in diameter for the car and will cause a stiff ride.

Next I need to read up on the rear suspension upgrades, disk brake kits, and what pedal box to install (fire wall mount, floor mount, hydraulic vs cable clutch, master cyl options, accelerator options). I want to keep my fabrication to a minimum and hope to find components that will work without modifications or having to get custom built or modify them.

BTW I'm going for a fairly mild build. A 5.0 EFI from a 91 mustang, T5, and the 8.8 rear.