View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 09:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

so a bit of background on the kit.

An older gentleman who is very into car building and built a few CR Cobra's had two un-assembled kits he purchased many years ago with the intention of building. He's from my city, but currently lives 7 hrs away and that is where the kits are. He's moving back, and put them up for sale. A guy who lives very close to me happened to buy one, but knows little to nothing about cars (not saying I'm a Chip Foose or anything). I ended up approaching the same shop to do some work that he asked to build his. He gave them the wrong info on the car, thinking it used a bunch of different components, making the shop feel they needed to do a bunch more work. They finally got the frame, inspected it, saw some of the parts, and realized it isn't going to be as complicated as initially thought. I've showed them all the info I've been able to gain from this group, which is tremendous, and they were very impressed. They still feel they need to do some stiffening and aren't too impressed with some of the welding on the frame. It felt so relieved to read their email and speak with them today. I'm heading over there tomorrow to chat, discuss parts, and come up with some plans. I truly am glad I came across this forum. I'm confident that with the knowledge and experience from the members here, I'll be able to build a very cool car with my son.