View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 09:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR build #983, FRM 392
Not Ranked     

I can't recall if I have the same issue when there is a passenger in the car. Everything else from inspecting the steering and suspension components shows no play in the any of the components - everything is tight. One thing that I have noticed is that the adjusting (bottom) collar on the DS coilover is not turned as high up the shock as the PS collar (i.e. there is a significant amount of more threads showing on the PS coilover under the collar). The spacing between tire and fender on both DS and PS is identical - about two fingers. No abnormal wear on the front tires either. After 6200 miles on the Goodyear F1s (the original tires that came with the car), the tread wear is even and symmetrical. I bought the car last May with 4200 miles on the odo from the original owner. Car was built in 2011.

Next step will be to lift up the front end and turn from lock to lock and examine the steering in that manner

Yes, and Alistair is just down the coast in LA. I've met him and visited his shop this past January. Very knowledgeable - managed to get a lot of valuable tips from him. If I can't figure this out on my own I'll be sure to give him a call and pick his brain.

Last edited by SBSerpent; 03-09-2021 at 09:35 PM..