Thread: Confused
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Bob K Bob K is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 32
Not Ranked     
Default Confused

Hello Guys, new guy here. I'm a bit confused by all the terminology regarding the cams, lifters and rockers on the FE engines. Flat tappet, solid lifter cams , hydraulic lifters, roller rockers, adjustable this, fixed that ,etc. I've been reading a lot, but still not completely understanding. Based on the info below, can you tell me exactly what this is? Would it be a solid lifter cam with solid lifters and adjustable rockers? No rollers or hydraulics.

Block - 427 side-oiler, 4.250 bore
Crankshaft - C4 steel with plugs
Rods - Ford C6 Lemans
Rings - Hastings Molly
Pistons - Keith Black high performance KB199-20
Engine bearings - Federal Mogul
Cam- Elgin solid lifter E962P Pro Stock
Oil Pump - Melling High Volume - ARP Oil Drive
Oil Pan - Canton 8 qt. & pick-up
Heads - Edelbrock aluminum #6008 w/ oversized valves & seats, fully ported & polished
Intake - Blue Thunder 2 4V aluminum intake, port matched to heads
Carburetor - (2) Holly 600 cfm, Stellings air cleaner, K&N filters
Compression - 9.8:1 (use 93 octane)
Rockers - Ford adjustable rocker arm assemblies
Distributor - HP modified electronic with centrifical advance
Ignition - MSD 6AL w/ buillt-in rev limiter and blaster coil
Water Pump - Edelbrock aluminum high volume
Timing Chain - Elgin double row
Flywheel - Ford Steel 0 balance
Clutch & pressure plate - McLeod
Pulleys - March billet aluminum
Bellhousing - Lakewood Blow Proof

Sorry for the dumb question, but although I was a machinist by trade, when it comes to engines, I consider myself more of a parts changer.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links