View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 395 Stroker
Not Ranked     

My local AutoZone store had one battery that would fit my battery box, but the terminals were reversed so it was no-go unless I wanted to get under the car, re-route battery cables and drill a couple new holes in the box. I know this because I took the damm thing home and dropped it into the battery box to verify. It's bad enough having pulled one battery from an SPF battery box; I thought number two was gonna get the best of me.

Back at AutoZone I asked about the Odyssey batteries but the cost just seemed prohibitive. Curiously enough, the store manager referred to the AC Delco's as being a "cheaper" variety of battery.

So now I have a new redtop on order. On a positive note, I know it fits the battery box and I know the cables reach the terminals, so once I drop it in the box it won't have to come back out until it fails. Hopefully I get a good one and it lasts a long time.

I'm a big believer in battery tenders. I use them on everything from hot rods to garden tractors and generally get very good battery life.