View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Yes, Top End is rediculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
I would say down low you are probably fat but up high I bet your motor kicks a$$ . I have what I believe is a 780 Quick fuel numbers were polished no way of telling for sure on my carb. My car ran fat to so I played with jets and air bleeds. I took many plug readings and used my seat of pants dyno. I now have a car that idles and runs well but lost a lot of that top end. What I am trying to tell you there will be sacrifices . I would say with your set up big carb big cam racing manifold you should be on the fat side of things. Anyways that is what I found good luck to you sir. Hope this helps.
But i really dont spend much time there, and from what i have felt with 615 HP on tap, its probably something left alone. I had it rebuilt to get rid of oil consumption not to make a race car out of the thing. It will fry the tires if downshifted into third and nailed on the freeway at freeway speed...The power to weight right now is ridiculous, 50 or 100 HP less would be plenty if thats what i need to get half way civilized manners at low speed stop and go (where unfortunately we have to spend alot of time living in the overcrowded under roaded Bay Area)...

Cheers
SCH