View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default West Coast Cobra Owner Build Chassis # 3299

First I want to thank this forum for all the information that helped point me in the right direction when I ran into challenges. This is a build log that assembles all my photos chronologically that my photo Albums may not. This was my first build and many times it felt like a scratch build. This build took nearly 16 years of part time dabbling to complete. There were periods in my life where for up to 18 months not a wrench was turned. Life happens. Thanks to my family for putting up with this! In fact this car is family now forever. Selling it would be like selling one of your kids. Its a keeper. When I started my build I really enjoyed the act of creating and building and didnt think driving it would as fun. Well I was wrong. Its a blast to drive. The only other human to work on this car was a paint and body man I selected who had extensive fiberglass build experience. My goal was to build a driver and not a trailer queen. Ive just reached nearly 800 miles since completing car in May 2020. Grinning ear to ear.

The list of suppliers I used is long and the internet made it possible. Many suppliers were discovered reading this forum. As an automotive engineer by training the fun part of further development of the car begins now. Thats the next chapter Im beginning to write now.

Winter 2004- In The beginning
The year of our third child being born, so it was time to start. Believe it or not after researching cobra kits for over 10 years in the planning, I decided to purchase a WCC in two phases. Part 1 ( rolling chassis) then when I was ready and had the money I would buy Part 2 ( complete body and interior). It never works out like you plan. So read on and learn about my journey. This Ford Big Block 385 series OEM bell-housing was my first part purchased in my build. Formerly in a Bronco. Wacky! I know. Its one of the few used parts repurposed for my build.

Pics from the WCC web brochure.
Attached Images

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-02-2021 at 05:26 PM..