View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortuga View Post
But i really dont spend much time there, and from what i have felt with 615 HP on tap, its probably something left alone. I had it rebuilt to get rid of oil consumption not to make a race car out of the thing. It will fry the tires if downshifted into third and nailed on the freeway at freeway speed...The power to weight right now is ridiculous, 50 or 100 HP less would be plenty if thats what i need to get half way civilized manners at low speed stop and go (where unfortunately we have to spend alot of time living in the overcrowded under roaded Bay Area)...

Cheers
SCH
You could drop 4 sizes on the main jets take it for a drive then check the plugs . you do not have to pull all one or two should give you a idea. I believe you will find it running cleaner down low maybe a little warmer but you will loose some top end. as far as perfect goes their is no such thing.Their is however the guy who has spent much of his time perfecting . again I say good luck and please share your results. One more thing write down all settings before you begin or you will find it may be a long ride home.