View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 10:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default WCC Chassis 3299 Build Log; Issues after Startup

2010. Clutch Adjustments

So while the startup and cam break-in went flawlessly i discovered a few things needing correction
1) I was not able to get the clutch to release no matter how many adjustments I made to the pedal and MC linkage. I finally changed my clutch master cylinder to a larger diameter to move the htob farther , increasing its stroke. I moved from a 3/4 inch up to 13/16 and that was the sweet spot. It increased pedal effort of course but solved my problem. The piston lengths available for my McLeod HTOB SEEMED EITHER TOO SHORT OR TOO LONG in my application. Now the clutch was working as it should with the 13/16 MC. If I had to do this all over again I would custom modify a clutchfork to accept an external slave cylinder. I just didnt have those fab skills at the time. Although there are probably some OEM Htob now that I could adapt for Tremec Tko600 use here in 2021. The other lesson learned was next time I would look for a pressure plate that required less finger travel to disengage the disc.

Last edited by kitcarbp; 03-18-2021 at 02:15 PM..