View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default WCC Chassis 3299. Need the Body Now. Found it!

So by the Feb 2010 Im feeling pretty good about the project now in year 5. I have a running driving shifting very expensive go-kart. I had no idea that the easy part was over. Now to find the body. So I called up WCC to get pricing on the phase 2 kit which is supposed to be all the parts to finish the car. After getting pricing from WCC I thought to myself, Self! Im on a budget here, college payments are 4 years away! I bet I can find an unfinished kit somewhere for about 50% of what Vern was asking at WCC in Canada. I had nothing to lose. So more life happens and the cobra sits some more and its March of 2010. I find an unfinished car, complete body with a rare hardtop ( see pic below) and all the exterior bumpers overriders etc but no interior. Its a great deal so I bid and win the car on Flea-Bay. The car arrives from California on a Sunday in April 2010 and is as advertised, surprisingly. Here is WCC kit #2 arriving in Spring of 2010 at my house. My wife begins to think Im crazy. I now own 2 unfinished WCC kits.
I Met the transporter driver at my local high school and dragged the kit home on a trailer. Like the tow vehicle? Lol. Looking at the photos now years later, It shows the Cobra on top of the Ferrari in the delivery truck. How fitting.

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-03-2021 at 08:12 PM..