View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default WCC Chassis #3299. Stop the Bidding! Auction Ended by Seller!

The second night into the eBay listing I broke the news to the extended family that I put the Cobra project up for auction. That day was a complete embarrassment because I have never quit anything. The family was shocked and couldn't believe it. They knew the blood sweat and cursing I had already invested was profound on the project. That night at dinner we found a way forward that would allow me to continue the project. I’ll leave it that. Enough said. I love my family!
In the Spring with my project having a new start again I finished up a few odds and ends and found a body shop that specialized in Corvettes. They had experience restoring and customizing Vettes of all Years. Ive seen their craftsmanship on cars near me. Why was that important? I wanted a very experienced fiberglass man and painter. While my Cobra was there they even repowered a 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt Clone. That was cool to see! Same motor as by Cobra. 385 Series big block. Of course they were all Vette guys and they swore they would never tackle a Thunderbolt project ever again. One and done! They were happy to see the Thunderbolt Clone leave their shop

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-02-2021 at 05:22 PM..