View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default WCC Chassis #3299. Body Work In Progress + Mods

Oct-Nov 2014

Changes! Redesign topics. So as with most projects, there is scope creep. I wanted to add a few safety features for seatbelt harness mounting. I selected Schroth Racing 4 point harness out of Germany because they had undergone DOT testing their belts for selling in the USA many years ago. They are well engineered and good quality. Seat belts are pretty important. Today watching the 12 hours of Sebring the LMP class prototypes were also using Schroth belts. I trust them. I had the body shop weld up a harness bar that mounts in the trunk in place of where the traditional WCC fuel tank is fitted. My body has a fuel filler in the rear fender that I like which meant the fuel tank is in the floor of the trunk. We welded in a fuel tank support bar into the frame to support the fuel tank weight beneath the fiberglass floor. Here is a pic of the assembled PE plastic tank and my pressure test on the bench to check for leaks before installing. Note the Schwin bike pump used to pressurize the tank a few psi. I used these fuel compatible sealing washers shown for every fastener on the fuel tank you must use shoulder bolts to ensure they seal correctly. Also note the GM Group 78 battery with vent tube assembly from a GM car that used trunk mounted battery. Keeping the acid vapor outside! Oem look!

Last edited by kitcarbp; 03-20-2021 at 06:13 PM..