View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Rollers are not in play for me. As stated in the intro one of my key drivers is to build it with my kids, thus it needs to be a kit. However, was not aware of Radical Roadster in Tomball. I will go check them out!

My budget is about 40K for the kit.

My intent is to keep the build under a year. I will go and do the research on build time but I have read that Factory five is 300hrs to build and I went to Unique shop this past Saturday and Maurice told me his deluxe kit would be about 100hrs to build. I have all Dec off to get a jump start on the build, then 3 days a month and will have 6 extra, but inexperienced, hands to help.

The issue I have is getting into cars. I live in Texas but in SC until 1 April so I will miss the the Texas show. I think I will need to make a decision on the kit in the next couple of weeks to ensure I can get my kit around Turkey day. So I may not be able to wait until the London Car show thus I reached out to owners in Houston and San Antonio to try and meet up with.

I have just about eliminated Factory Five from my short list; because the build will take to long and I don't want to deal with shaving/cutting the body parts to get the trunk and hood to fit.

I think Ultimate Classic Cars is probably out as well. I visited their new shop a couple of weeks ago and looks like they still have some time to get back fully operational. While Dennis was great to talk to, it is only him and one other guy working on the cars.

So my current short list is Unique, Shell Valley and Hurricane at this point. But still looking to see if I missed any other potential suppliers.

For the engines: I'm thinking a 351w 400-450HP with matching torque. I think That should be enough of a pucker factory when I need it.