View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
You can take a look at Antiques and Collectibles cobra, it has a high quality gel coat finish that some people do not paint, or paint later. It will be tough to build one in your budget, but if you do not go crazy, who knows and I am not one to rain on somebodies parade.
I just reached out to them to get pricing. The website wasn't completely clear as to their pricing. Looked like their frame and body was only 6K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I polled my kids as to whether they would rather earn something or have me just give it to them. They all voted for the gift.
Do they live in SF Bay area? I wouldn't trust the voting results, has to be voter fraud.

I raise my kids to pray to baby Jesus and to respect their elders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Having never done one I can't say if "100 hours" is reasonable or not. Perhaps if you're experienced at assembly and fabrications and have all the tools. If kits could be completed in 100 hours there wouldn't be a glut of unfinished ones on the market.

Don't forget to budget for the tools you'll use only once. Don't go overboard. Harbor Freight makes tools that are "plenty good" for the one-time use.

The Hurricane does fit your model. Plus it's not donor based. Go for it.
From my short research it seems that most of the unfinished kits are Factory Five which I can understand as they state it takes 300 hours to complete and you have to fab.

You do bring up a good point which I have not completely explored which is tools. I'm curious what specific tools would be needed to finished a Hurricane, Shell Valley or Unique kit? I will add this to the list of questions I'm sending the companies and to people I meet that have built these cars.

So I went back to my spreadsheet and I show:
  • Hurricane 30K
    Shelly Valley little less than 30K for their complete kit "C"
    Unique 35K for their deluxe kit
All these numbers include upgrades/options that I want. So 40K seems like a good budget for the complete kit. Again what am I missing?