Old 03-22-2021, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaks View Post
Guys,

I just brought home my built cobra (was completed in 2001) and the guy I bought it from didn't know a ton about it. I knew it had a few small issues when I purchased it and I factored this into my price.

The headlights will not turn on (high/low/ect). My far left switch is a 3 position switch. All the way down is parking lights (works fine lights up all the parking lights and the gauge lights). In the middle position and top position I get absolutely nothing. I have checked the headlight circuit from the fuse block to the headlights (jumper a positive to the headlight side of fuse) and they worked perfectly.

I have a copy of the original assembly manual but the wiring diagram is very hard to follow from the diagrams I have.

I can simply just wire a switch into this circuit and make it work but I would like to have it working as intended and use the original switches that were installed in the center (although accessibility to these is very tough.. any pointers)?

How is this switch supposed to operate? High beam, low beam, parking, gauge lights, ect?

The guy I bought the car from told me the headlights didn't work but said that the switch had a positive on one side of each position (according to him).

Any suggestions? I think this is going to be a great fun little car
Have you checked the switch continuity at all three positions?