View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74proii View Post
Usually toggle switches have a small circular ring that threads on to hold it in place, switch slides out the back. You can see that pretty clear in the toggle switch link pictures. Every toggle switch I have ever seen is that way. Carefully use pliers to start baking off, then fingers work well. Is there a floor dimmer switch in your car? I would've expected they did, powered when your dash switch was in the up position. The floor switches these days are pretty cheap, they fail. Sometimes an additional ground wire to them is needed. not sure about your dash, no visible screws? Mine is totally in pieces still. They might have lipped over the mount bar. hopefully you would not need to loosen and raise the body up to get it out. I would need to see what the manual says how it should've been done.

Ill have a look. I did already get the switch ring lose I just didn't want to take it out because I dont think I can get to the back of the switch to pull it out for testing without removing the dash. Ill have to have another look and maybe get the woman to reach her smaller hands in there to pull it out and get it back in for me.

I dont think I have any dimmer switch on the floor. I dont think there are any lights (I read that one of the switches is for a "dome" light and another as an extra accessory switch. These do nothing on my car (although if I am able to get the switches out I may pull them out and figure something out for them).

Do you know how the high beams are suppose to work?

Ill try and have another look out at the car tonight after I finish work.

Thanks