View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaks View Post
Ill have a look. I did already get the switch ring lose I just didn't want to take it out because I dont think I can get to the back of the switch to pull it out for testing without removing the dash. Ill have to have another look and maybe get the woman to reach her smaller hands in there to pull it out and get it back in for me.

I dont think I have any dimmer switch on the floor. I dont think there are any lights (I read that one of the switches is for a "dome" light and another as an extra accessory switch. These do nothing on my car (although if I am able to get the switches out I may pull them out and figure something out for them).

Do you know how the high beams are suppose to work?

Ill try and have another look out at the car tonight after I finish work.

Thanks
There's no factory service manual for many of these cars. There's even quite a bit of variation in how individuals build from kits. A home built or scratch built car is even more of a wild card situation.

Figuring out how your high beams are supposed to work will probably require a continuity tester and the detective skills of Sherlock Holmes. Good luck.

p.s. Document / write down whatever you discover (e.g. which circuit goes where, which fuse it connects to, etc.) and put it in a book, binder, or computer record - it will pay off somewhere down the road.