View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
There's no factory service manual for many of these cars. There's even quite a bit of variation in how individuals build from kits. A home built or scratch built car is even more of a wild card situation.

Figuring out how your high beams are supposed to work will probably require a continuity tester and the detective skills of Sherlock Holmes. Good luck.

p.s. Document / write down whatever you discover (e.g. which circuit goes where, which fuse it connects to, etc.) and put it in a book, binder, or computer record - it will pay off somewhere down the road.
I will do this for sure. I was able to piece a bunch of the wiring together from the original builders manuals wiring section but it is all pieced together throughout the manual and fairly hard to tell what wire number is to be connected where (some of it is very straight forward but the switch stuff I was unable to find). I believe the kit was an original classic roadster kit and appears to be put together fairly well. It was done by a fabrication shop in Canada which I called b4 I purchased the car and the guy I spoke to (owner?) remembered doing it but did not have any of the details on it. It was completed by them in 2001.

I have already started printing specific pages from the build manual and making notes and diagrams on these as I go through it. Once I complete my hand written notes I will create either a document or wiring schematic when I get through it and have a softcopy in my email and a hardcopy with the car.

With the high beams I was more curious if it was activated by a switch or by a stalk on the car. I was thinking the three position switch may have had a spot for high beams but I think now I understand their thoughts on the switch (please confirm if I am off).

Top- headlights+parking+gauges/ect
Middle- OFF
Bottom- parking+gauages/ect

I figured it would be a bit of work to get it sorted but I am fairly ok with wiring and schematics. I just forgot about how small this area is and trying to verify things is going to be quite the process.

Last edited by eaks; 03-23-2021 at 12:38 PM..