View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74proii View Post
I do not get why I can't upload photos, really annoying.....
You can run a temp wire to power what you think is the headlight wire. You can tell for sure at the connector behind the headlight. When you look at the removed plug the left wire is high beam, the top one is low beam, the right one is low beam. Well should be at least. Yes, shops build cars, rarely are most of them good at electrical. As Cycleguy said it's a free for all. I have an original harness, unused I'll take a look at it and try to determine what color coding etc they originally used. One way to narrow it down is that the "parking/dash" lights are common to both switch positions. A test light (i call them idiot light), and a multi-meter are going to your best friend in this case. I would also gain access to your headlight, clip on a temp ground wire to the frame or handy bolt, try your switch, see if it lights.

https://www.amazon.com/Painless-8015...86811995&psc=1

I have verified the switch works and operates the relay.
I have also verified that from the fuse block out to the headlights everything is good.

According to the builders manual it states that from the relay it should go to the dimmer switch and then dimmer switch feed to the fuse block.

The issue is 100% between the relay->fuse block as I have verified everything else.

Thats what I expected the dimmer switch to look like I had a look and didn't see any but ill go out again tonight and look again. Maybe cut some wire ties and see where the relay wiring actually goes.

How does the dimmer switch work?

Thanks