View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorpilot View Post
Before I saw Bob's response, I talked to Peter Portante. Will cost around $1400 and 4 weeks waiting for a new radiator and required hardware for mounting. This would update my car to the new version - aluminum - and would be a more original look. Wrestling with this option. Cost is a small part of it. The waiting... ugh. It's roadster season in GA!
This car was built by my dad in '83. Sold in '88. And she found me again a little less than a year ago. Dad always had trouble with the old 428 overheating. A subsequent owner added an oil cooler and that reportedly solved the overheating issue. I put about 1500 miles on her before slinging a rod and never overheated. But the tired old mill wasn't exactly making good power.
Decisions, decisions.
DO IT... I strongly recommend going this way... you will forget about the $1400 soon, and the sooner you make the decision the sooner the 4 weeks start ticking away... the car will be down a couple weekends either way right? so there is a 2 week delta? no brainer its only 2 weeks man...