Thread: Need FE heads
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

IMO, the Trick Flow head is simply the best out of the box FE cylinder head as of right now. I'm predominantly an FE builder and the TFS heads are just superb. Unfortunately, they are out of stock nation-wide because Edelbrock casts them and Edelbrock's operation is in limbo.

Ted, I understand the situation you're in and you're looking to get a replacement in a quick period of time.

I would look to BBM and see if they have heads in stock. That would be the closest bolt-on for you and would add some horsepower as well, in comparison to your box-stock Edelbrocks.

The ProMaxx heads may be nice but I choose to not carry them because they are Chinese knock-offs of Edelbrock pieces. Stevens copied these heads and pushed them years and years ago and finally got the ProMaxx clan to jump on board. They are simply a copy of the Edelbrock. Now, you may argue that everything is a copy of everything else, and you may be correct in some aspects, but to me, the ProMaxx head is to Edelbrock, as SpeedMaster/Procomp is to MSD, CHI, etc., etc.