View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: N/A
Not Ranked     
Default Aceca restomod

To everyone who's posted so far, thank you! A short version of the story about this rebuild is in the thread I referred to at the beginning of this one.

Tommyrot: very nice conversion, I'd love to see detail photos showing what was done. If you have any, PM me and I'll send you my e-mail address.

Glen: there's a saying about Acecas that goes something like this: they cost twice as much to restore as an Ace and are worth half as much when done. Acecas were coach built, that is they had a partially wooden frame, unlike Aces and Cobras. That makes it much more difficult to restore them. Therefore this is not a "restoration", it will be a restomod with a fuel injected Ford 302 and a TKO road race 5 speed, with a strengthened and modified frame and other bits (like A/C) to make it a comfortable, fast, reliable GT. To me, the genuine Cobra stuff that's in it is the icing on the cake and makes for a much stronger drive train, suspension, and brakes than the Aceca parts they replace. I bought the car (or what was left of it) totally gutted, knowing it would not be worth restoring to stock condition. I've attached some photos of it as it was when I got it.

MAStuart: send me a PM showing what you need a photo of and I’ll see what I can do.
Attached Images