Thread: Insurance
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks like you are in Il? I am in Canada and did have a bit of a time getting insurance on my car. I called every broker and it all went back to Hagarty who originally told me they wouldn't insure it then later told me it was no issue at all. I ended up speaking with TD insurance who insures my house and other vehicles (one being a Lamborghini) and they said they would get back to me on it after speaking to their underwritters. I was then told they wouldn't insure it and later said they would so as soon as they said they would I made them add it to my policy. In Canada from what they have told me is it is different from province to province. Due to me living in Alberta they said that they couldn't deny coverage (I expected they would only provide liability but they did indeed provide insurance for $50k with a $500 deductible at a reasonable cost.. Will be a lot less than hagarty due to me being about to put it on storage insurance for 6-7 months of the year).

I think you are going to have to pretty much hit the phone. A broker would be your best option and once u get pricing/details from them I would call your insurance provider and say you have insurance lined up elsewhere but would like to keep everything with them and see what they can do for you.

Good Luck