View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 08:54 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hntr2506 View Post
I wouldn't know first hand why they aren't comparable. The difference seems to be the 4" longer wheelbase or overall length? What am I not seeing?
That's understandable. A lot of us have been playing this stupid game for decades and we forget that most people can't see a difference between any two Cobras, from any two manufacturers, and would not be able to spot something like scuttle shake unless it poked them in the eye. For now, just take my word for it all and start your own learning process. You have time. Start with the earliest posting on Club Cobra and work your way forward to present time. You can speed read over the crap and dribble, but you'll soon catch on to the meat. You'll also get a feel for some of the members that have come and gone; some having died. Go to the ERA site: Era Replica Automobiles - Makers of the 427, 289FIA, and GT40 replicas and read every single page -- there's a ton of information there, and not just about ERAs. Along the way, you'll develop questions, like why you might want six pin hubs, and we'll be here to help you. But it takes time, you can't learn it all overnight and there's an even chance that you come out of it all with the realization that this isn't right for you. If that happens, Peter will give you your money back and you'll be no worse for wear.