View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 Ford Racing Crate w/ TREMEC TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default WCC Build Chassis #3299

The Pandemic of 2020! Time to Finish the car!
So like most folks in March of 2020 I started to realize daily life was about to change. We didnt know how it would change but it would be profound. So I seized this opportunity of being stuck at home and off the road to finish my life’s work...... my unfinished song, or symphony. At this point I only needed labor, not much money to finish it. My Magnum Opus was about to be completed and debuted to the world...

Final assembly begins

First project was to get my O2 sensor bung installed for a future injection project so I could reinstall the exhaust system.
Here are photos of that mini project to weld it to the stainless steel passenger side header collector. The welders out there will notice my basic set up for back purging Argon on the backside of the weld to ensure a good long life reliable weld. Then a little metal polish to finish it. I dont weld.........but I know a guy! The pic got rotated but the O2 sensor will sit about 8 oclock position. Not ideal for sensor life, but its not visible, I’ll just treat the sensor as a maintenance item.
Attached Images

Last edited by kitcarbp; 04-22-2021 at 02:54 PM..